Thursday, January 17, 2008

Escape from cloudy, cold Ohio

Tomorrow G and I are flying to Phoenix to attend the wedding of (let's see, what is the relationship here?) our daughter-in-law's sister. The actual wedding is on the 20th, but G and I are staying longer to make a nice vacation of it. Since my wedding appropriate dresses are quite dated I have been shopping and managed to find one I really like. Of course it took another shopping trip to find jewelry to go with it. I am hoping we can 1) have a great time with family and friends, 2) be a tourist in the Phoenix area, and 3) have a relaxed time. So there won't be any new posts for a full week. I might add that everyone involved, especially d-i-l and family have been quite busy the last couple of weeks with a bachelorette party and shower. They will need the vacation too.

Recently, I took classes to learn how to buy and sell on eBay. The instructor asked us why we were taking the class. I was optimistic enough to explain that my DH had a lot of collections and I thought I might sell some things. Let me hasten to add that it would be with his permission. Otherwise, I think there would be trouble "in the sticks". We are now registered with eBay and Pay Pal, so money should be rolling in (not out, I hope). I will keep you posted on the progress.

3 comments:

alexis said...

mmmm, now I know where I can finally get that tractor muffler I've always wanted

Michael Podolny said...

I hope DH has everything bar coded so that has you gradually work your way from the back of the piles he suddenly realizes you've been liquidating his stashes. Just keept the steel until after the reunion.

Anonymous said...

Go for it Mom, sell, sell! Let out your inner Ferengi.