Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Office Project

My last blog was on Thursday and it is now Tuesday. The reason I have not written was that we had dear K (granddaughter) staying with us those days. She does a great job of entertaining herself, but it still is quite consuming of my time. To those of you reading who have small children, I have a new appreciation of how your lives are. I am so grateful that we live close enough that we can be involved in her life.

With the help of DH, I have rearranged the furniture in my office. I had a tiny desk, that just was not working and he had a large one in his "office" that was just being used to store things on. We moved the large one into my office, moved two large book shelves (which of course meant taking all the books off). And there is enough space left for bunk beds. With the upcoming reunion and wedding reception at our house we need beds in every room upstairs. So I am trying to plan ahead. It is causing me to get things done that I have neglected to do until now.

Back to the topic of rearranging my office. I plan to take enough time to actually look at what I have and edit down. My goal is this: By next Tuesday morning (seven days from now) I will have edited everything on the bookshelves, there will be no boxes left over from the move on the floor, and I will have sorted through everything in the closet. There - I put it in writing. I am hoping that will help me be accountable and just do it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm calling you in a week to assess your progress!

Bernice said...

SWRM: I will report to the whole world in a week.

Michael Podolny said...

Holy moly I hope the reunion is not going to be held to such exacting standards.

stef said...

Pictures too. You should post before and after pics for proof!