Saturday, February 16, 2008

Report on project















I have finished the desk, which included filing and paying bills. I quickly took a picture, because it just does not look like that for long. I seem to always have an unfinished project on top of the desk.

Next, came the alcove or dormer area. I sorted through the boxes, editing a lot of stuff. There were some things I chose to keep, but the boxes are in the closet and labeled. These are the before and after pictures of that area.















My initial goal was to also sort through both 4 drawer filing cabinets. I haven't decided whether to call this a success if I do not get that done. Yes, I will call it a success.

As those of you who have seen the shop know, G is really good a finding free stuff that he will someday use. I will say that he does use some of it, but not all. But it is stored there just in case. We have been looking at a couple sets of bunk beds for the Summer guests. But guess what! The company he works for makes mattresses for hospitals, along with other home health equipment. They had some that they had tested and now were putting then in the dumpster. (Can you see where this is going?) Yesterday I hooked up the trailer and met him after work. We are now the proud owners of 16 single size mattresses. Some have springs inside and some are a very firm foam. He plans to build a couple sets of beds for these mattresses. Tonight we plan to sleep on them (only 2) and then decide which ones to use. He really does love projects like this, when he can build something and save the money. One set will go in the alcove in my room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 exta mattresses? That has got to be one huge stack to store! At least they'll come in handy for the reunion! Great Job with the cleaning so far.

Michael Podolny said...

I'm glad to hear that your desk doesn't actually look like that all of the time, since mine never looks like that any of the time.

alexis said...

aww, bernice, you are a lucky woman! and I saw those lovely tulips on the desk - valentine's day?

16 used matresses are almost enticing enough to make me skip the Bombay wedding and try to make the family reunion instead.

Almost.

stef said...

Oh why didn't i read this before I bought a new bed for Miss D? We could have taken a reject!