Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two success and one pending

It seems that DH has found the cause of the hot water heater not working. A rubber or plastic cap was cracked allowing the electricity to arc through. I am impressed that he found the problem.

I have had several root canal treatments in my life, and had another one Thursday. The interesting thing was that I had no symptoms, i.e. pain, but it just showed on the x-ray that the tooth was dead. This one is not responding as great as the others did. I now have the throbbing pain, but am trying to be patient while it heals, realizing that I still have the tooth, which was the whole purpose of the procedure.

Last night we had guests for dinner. DH met the man in his dirt bike riding group. I had not met him nor his wife. It turned out she and I had plenty to talk about since she had given a wedding reception for her daughter at their home. She had 250 people at a buffet dinner. They had rented three tents and decorated the barn. The reception I am planning will not be that formal.

The entree was a double pork chop stuffed with brown rice, mushrooms, celery and onion. This was a keeper. If anyone wants the recipe, I will email it to you. The cherry pie for dessert was also a hit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, any pie you make is a hit.

alexis said...

holy crap - 250 people. She is doing all the cooking herself??????????

Michael Podolny said...

How sad that the pie making gene seems to have skipped generations

stef said...

Ok, I keep hearing hints about wedding stuff- when do the rest of us get to know what's going on???