Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Election in Ohio

Yesterday was the primary election in Ohio. When G went to vote at 8:00 on his way to work, he mentioned to the people working at the poles that I had told him that I would consider working there and what did I need to do to be considered. As it turned out one worker was sick so they asked if I could come in right away. So I went in at 10:00 and ended working until 9:00 PM. I got "on the job" training. Actually it was quite interesting, both seeing the people who live in our township and hearing people's comments. I think only two men came in to vote in suits. All the rest had on their "farming clothes". The other three workers were very meticulous about doing everything according the election laws. I was impressed by that. What was amazing was the number of people who came to vote as the weather was pretty miserable. There was freezing rain all day and night. When I left I had at least a half inch of ice all over my car. I would like to work the November election, but know it will be a zoo.

Today, the sun came out and of course I was out there taking pictures. The first is the shrub at the side our our house. The second is of grasses out back and the third of the trees.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael Podolny said...

That is one of the (few) redeeming features of ice and snow - temporary beauty before it turns to mud.

alexis said...

wow that is a stunning picture of the grass. Way to perform you civic duty too!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those pictures were awesome,especially the ones of the grass and the trees+ grass!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mom - doing your littl part to make democracy run smoother.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the grass. That is cool! No snow here, although it was threatened last night. Good thing for my cold weather veges. I planted about 12 plants and now get to cover them up every night since it is still below freezing and uncover every morning.
Good for you for helping out with the primary. Don't think they would be quite that casual in the City.
Gloria

stef said...

Love the pics!. Hope you get to help out in November too. ;)