Friday, March 21, 2008

Expense of living in the sticks

G and I love our house and property. The biggest disadvantage is the long drive to work for him. It is about 45 minutes. He can take back roads and I hope he is aware of the scenery and smells (mostly good). He has XM so listens to Public Radio a lot. He is well informed on current affairs, new books, and cultural things.

I am getting better at planning ahead and have a through shopping list when I drive the 20 miles to one of the larger shopping areas.

However, there are always surprises. Like I have paid $120 for a year's worth (once a week) of manicures in a town five miles away. That is $2.30 a week. Even with my tip she gets a whopping $5.30 per manicure. The hair cuts there are $15.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stef said...

That is an awesome deal. I know what I want to do at the reunion!