Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Which is the "good car"?


All the snow in the previous photos melted, then more came (10 inches) but it too will be gone in the next week. I have seen the first Robins, which is considered a true sign that Spring has arrived. Now I am waiting for other signs, like warmer temperatures.

The posted picture is of our "good car". That is the console which is torn apart. The controls for the heater did not work and the estimate for repairs was $1200, with the Kelly Blue Book value of the car at about $3400. Again, if you know DH, he is fixing it himself. It took a couple of days just to tear it apart, and who knows how long before it is on the road again.

I decided to take matters into my hands. My goal is to have something great to drive by the end of this week. I gave myself five days. I will not give any more details so as to not jinx it. But stay tuned.

I was going to post a picture of the truly "good car" which is the Physicsmobile, (thank you RM and A) but could not find a picture. Looks like another project needs to be attacked, i.e. sorting and labeling my digital pictures.

2 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

I know the thought of acquiring a'good car' must be tearing at the soul of DH but I'm hoping you come up with gold

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.