Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A truly good car

I am absolutely proud of myself. My search for a "truly good car" was successful. My goal last Monday was to have a car by Friday. I drove it home Thursday night. On Monday I did a lot of research online. I looked at inventories from several car dealerships in NE Ohio and compared what they had to reviews in Consumer Reports and Kelly's Blue Book. On Tuesday, I took DH to work and then spent the day at three car dealerships. On Wednesday I did more online checking and decided I had made a good choice. On Thursday evening DH drove the one I had picked out (2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6) and the second choice (a mere 4 cylinder Camry). He is good at the negotiating, so we were able to pay close to what we had decided to pay.

This particular car was listed online at the dealer's web site at $1000 less that they quoted me. Fortunately I had seen that, printed it out and brought it along. So that was our starting negotiating price. I did not have a special color in mind. The one I got is white, with tan leather interior. As soon as it stops raining here I will post a picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's be clear about the truly amazing part of this story: my parents selected and purchased a car in under five days. It took them fifteen years to buy a house.

Enough said.

stef said...

Congratulations! I hope it treats you well.

alexis said...

renee - LOL!!!!

Can't wait to see the new Bernicemobile!

Michael Podolny said...

Fantastic.