Saturday, September 13, 2008

Do You smell Basil?

I am sure that in the past I told tales of buying huge quantities of basil plants. Today I harvested them, getting two garbage bags full. If you saw SWRM's blog you saw lots and lots of tomatoes. Well, next you will see lots and lots of basil. She and A are coming to Ohio today to get Phi (their cat) and the basil. And maybe to see us and her brother and family. Actually they are staying with her bro and we are going their for the day.

Speaking of Phi, somehow she knows that something is up. When I started loading things into the car, she went into hiding. I do have a trick to find her however. I shake the container of dry cat food that I feed our cat, and she comes running for a treat. Her food is a mush looking concoction that SWRM makes for her. She actually cooks meat for the cat, but not DH.

5 comments:

Gill - UK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gill - UK said...

I wonder how many other cats in the world get 'cordon bleu'?

alexis said...

just imagine how good the car is going to smell for weeks thereafter!

stef said...

I think the best way to process fresh basil is to pop it in the food processor w/a tiny bit of olive oil and freeze it in ice cube trays. I have done this the past 2 years and it works great. Although the quantity you have is probably worth drying some too.

Michael Podolny said...

I don't know why wife's garden varies so much from year to year but this year our basil, which typically does well, has been very moribund.