Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Picnic preparations

DH was on a motorcycle trip to West Virgina last Friday through Sunday. I spent several hours on Friday, driving up and down country roads around here inviting people to the neighborhood party we are having this Saturday. Since I did not ask for an RSVP it is anyone's guess how many will come. It is a pot luck where I asked everyone to bring a dish to share and their own drinks. I will provide coffee and lemonade. I am making pork BBQ sandwiches from the meat left over from the pig roast and Rice Krispie Bars since there may be children here. One family told me they have 7 and another has 5. For my part in the preparation, I have the lawn mowed, and today found some cool things for centerpieces on the tables. At this time, the weather forecast is in our favor with no rain.

Weather permitting we will have a big bonfire at the next door neighbors. DH found a place that gives away pine pallets so he bought a trailer load home to add to the pile they have. I am making sure we have lots of ingredients to make smores.

We are having our granddaughter visit this weekend also. She will be here from Thursday through Sunday. Seems like there is never a dull moment in the Sticks.

5 comments:

stef said...

Oh it sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see the pics.

Gill - UK said...

It sounds as though you could be setting a trend or starting a tradition. Photos please then we can see what the cool things are!

What are smores?

Bernice said...

To make a smore, you roast a marshmallow, then make a "sandwich" with graham crackers on the outside and the melted marshmallow and a piece of Hersheys chocolate candy bar in the middle. Sorry we did not make any when you were here, Gill

Gill - UK said...

What are graham crackers?

We did so much I don't think we could have possibly crammed in any more - happy memories

Michael Podolny said...

I think you have a seriously repressed desire to be a caterer...or a Washington political socialite hostess.