Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Niagara Falls, editing and margaritas




As most of you know the parents of the bride and the parents of the groom spent two days at Niagara Falls while the bride and groom were in Rome. Go figure. But we had a great time.

After the last guests from the wedding festivities left, I had three days at home before driving to Kankakee, Illinois to stay with a friend who had knee replacement surgery. It really was good for me because we just had to do "laid back" kind of activities. I needed that. Driving there I decided to take the scenic route instead of the toll roads. It was through many small towns and by the end I was very tired of the scenery of fields and fields of corn and soy beans. It was not worth the additional hour and a half of driving, especially since I can see that outside my window here.

As I am putting away dishes, flatware, and glasses from the two summer events, I have decided to think carefully if I need so many. The deciding factor was if I did not use them when nearly 50 people were here, I had too many. So today I took a wonderful donation to a charity shop: a set of dishes for 12, about 50 various water and wine glasses and odds and ends of flatware. In case anyone is worried, I kept about three dozen wine glasses, 15 champagne glasses and most of the margarita glasses.

As requested by my friend in the UK, here is the margarita recipe:
6 fluid oz tequila
2 fluid oz triple sec
8 oz frozen strawberries
4 oz frozen limeade concentrate

Blend these four ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add ice (the amount depends on how thick you want it) and blend again. Dip glass in lime juice and then fine sugar or coarse salt. Enjoy. Make sure you have a blender that can crush ice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heartily recommend this recipe: I'm not a huge fan of sweet alcoholic drinks, but this is made with real strawberries, not cheap syrup, and it's excellent.

alexis said...

beautiful photos, looks like you got good weather there too!

stef said...

I adore that pic of your DH. Glad you got to relax.

Gill - UK said...

Happy days - and thank you for the recipe.

Michael Podolny said...

I'm not sure how DH looks so good doing nothing when in fact almost always is going 120 miles an hour.