Monday, March 16, 2009

Help from family

I can see why I need to post more often. I an having a hard time remembering what happened in my life since last Wednesday when I last posted. Well, I do remember that on Wednesday the flu virus struck with a vengeance. I consider myself healthy so can only imagine how a person who is frail or in poor health would fare. Within 24 hours I was better, thankfully.

On Saturday son and his daughter visited for the work day with DH. I know, I know, these pictures seem like some that I have posted before. They are new, we just repeat the same activities over and over. K was helping fix the motorcycle with a very large wrench.



























Son showed me the Mint.com site. It is pretty amazing for keeping a record of how your money is spent (costs are placed in proper categories),and where your investments and loans are. It is a bit scary putting all of your financial info out there, but it will save me a lot of time where I am now doing it manually in excel. DH said it reminded him of the book, 1984, where they talked about people willingly giving their information to the government. He may go back and read the book.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, 1984 was such a scary book. Not just for the Big Brother part, but, oh those rats.

I like the pictures, even if they look familiar. Keep them coming.

stef said...

I have to say that I too looked into Mint and ultimately decided not to do it due to security concerns. However I am looking into investing in a desktop program that will do the same thing.

Shawn said...

I know Mint.com is a little scary, but I have been using the site for over a year now, and they have instilled nothing but confidence in me. I even spent some time reading how they store login information for your accounts, and it seems very secure.

You could always just try it for your credit card account or something first, as that login information really doesn't do any good in anyone else's hands. (Can't with draw money using it I mean).

A few other features that Mint can offer over desktop software, is comparison to other spending in your area, and frequent updates with new features.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now, I know it isn't for everyone, but just wanted to share my good experiences with it.

Michael Podolny said...

I know how Stef feels. I am totally uncomfortable with server based applications (probably a sign that I walk with Iguanadons). Like all the people that keep their emails on server based services like Yahoo, Gmail, etc. I like having my stuff on my computer. If I fail to back it up then it's just my fault.

Anonymous said...

I to am happy to see the pictures. K is growing up so fast. When does her sibbling arrive?