Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's your mother

There is a phrase, "If it's not one thing, it's another." Those of you who remember Rosadanna (Gilda Radner) on Saturday Night Live, will recall she changed it to "If it's not one thing, it's your mother". That later is a saying I use sometimes. But I will add, I am not being disparaging to my mother. I just think it is funny to use at times.

One of these times was this week when we received new credit cards from Citi with the explanation that some business that we use had its data base compromised and we were in danger of someone having access to our credit card. Not further explanations were given. So I had to get the new card activated. Then I thought of the various accounts that I have taken out automatically, mostly utilities. So I have to contact each of them to change to the new number. Actually it was only three. That was when my comment was, "If it's not one thing, it's your mother".

I, hereby, give my children permission to use the phrase. Especially if it is really appropriate!

1 comment:

alexis said...

LOL. that is brilliant. I am totally working that in to my conversations today ... some how!