Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surprise party in Albuquerque

None of us had our camera ready to get a picture of Mrs. de-I when people arrived for her surprise birthday party. These pictures revolve around the food preparation.






One of the co-conspirators preparing to bake the birthday cake.
Her sisters and Mom are taking it easy!





Other kitchen help (mostly dish washing for me).





As you can see, they are making a very "deep dish" lasagna.
There was a meat and vegetable lasagna.



Help was available to blow out the candles. Is she only six years old?
No, we didn't want to melt the cake.

4 comments:

stef said...

Thanks for posting pics! It was so wonderful sharing the weekend with you.

alexis said...

I know, non of us thought to photograph when she opened the door. But I can do a pretty good imitation!

Gloria said...

Thanks so much for making the trip to NM to celebrate. I loved having everyone here. And I certainly was surprised!

Michael Podolny said...

Thanks for all the help. It was really, really welcomed. And it is always great to see you and DH. Hope we can make it for the Sept Pig Slaughter.