Monday, June 15, 2009

Hocking Hills State Park hike


I introduced my New York friend to one of our state parks. This is a sample of the hiking path.




One of the features is called "Old Man's Cave". Legend has it that a man lived under this overhanging rock in the 1880s. I hope he appreciated the views! That is my hiking partner in the picture.







Don't know how often the boulders let loose, but wouldn't want to be near them when it happens.
It was amazing how the trees grow on top of the rocks.



To get perspective, note the hikers at the bottom of the picture.

In all we hike about four hours. What a great workout and such spectacular scenery.
The park is 2 1/2 hours from our house. I really want to take my son in law here.

5 comments:

stef said...

How gorgeous! Looks like an amazing time.

Gloria said...

it looks like a wonderful place to hike. Glad you were able to get out - too bad it is so far away.

Michael Podolny said...

That looks like a fabulous place to hike. Don't forgot to take the BinLaw :)

alexis said...

wow, that DOES look like a fantastic hike!

NPT said...

Intresting...........