Monday, June 1, 2009

Lettuce for breakfast

I know, people who don't enjoy gardening cannot understand the effort I put into my yard and garden. I could do with a smaller lawn and be just as happy, but I haven't figured out a way to make it smaller. A bean or corn field in the front of the house just looses something. So, whenever it is not raining I am out weeding, planting, mulching and mowing. The rewards of all of this? This morning for breakfast I had fresh lettuce from the garden. (No, A-In-A, I did not have any butter spray.) It gets bitter after a few weeks so I may have lettuce for every meal. (Can you OD on lettuce?)

I am also taking pictures of every flower in bloom. I am finding that my macro (close) shots are much better than the overview ones.



























One plan was to set the hammock up by the pine trees, so I can hear the wind blowing through the pines, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe when the work is done.

4 comments:

greta said...

I'm so jealous of your green thumb. Beautiful flowers!

alexis said...

I am jealous of your lettuce. :)

stef said...

beautiful flowers! Now I want some lettuce.

Michael Podolny said...

As one who is blessed with a partner who shares your love and commitment to gardening, the results are such a blessing to one's life.

Great pictures! the garden is really maturing nicely.