Thursday, August 13, 2009

Return to Ohio

The trip to Wisconsin, Minnesota, and South Dakota, and Illinois went well. I saw all of my brothers and sisters , Mom, and Gerry's siblings who live in the area. I went to Wisconsin to Gwen's house and Glenda and her family came for the weekend. The drive through Wisconsin is so beautiful with rolling farm land and lots of trees. Very green. Minnesota and South Dakota are very flat in contrast. For those of you into "green" you would be interested to see the "windmill farms" in Minnesota for generating electricity.

Mom is doing well, still living in a Senior apartment building. She does not like to ride any distance in the car, so pretty much stays at home. In good weather she walks two blocks outside. Otherwise she walks around the perimeter of the building inside. She still does her own cooking, but family members help with buying groceries, cleaning, laundry and finances. She was 88 years old this year and has no health problems other that water retention in her feet and legs.

My most exciting wildlife sighting was a coyote that was about 100 feet away. It did not hang around long enough to get the camera. Actually I just saw it for a few seconds, but it was really cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS cool. I don't think I've ever seen a coyote in the wild.

de-I said...

Glad the trip went well.

alexis said...

driving trips are fun! Tiring after a while. I remember MI and WI are indeed beautiful in the summer and fall. Winter makes up for that by sucking enormously however.

stef said...

Coyote sighting- very cool! I'd be interested to hear what the locals think of the wind farms. I remember when we visited France, the people didn't like them because they destroyed the view...