Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Greetings from Mt. Lake, MN

A quick summary of my trip so far - On Friday, the first day of the trip I drove 600 miles, driving about 15 hours. Chicago about did me in. I took 90 through the city, and it was not a good choice. The traffic went between 5 and 10 mph for about two hours. But I made it without incident. After a refreshing stay at a hotel, I continued to northers Wisconsin to visit G's sister and family. His other sister and familily from Mpls came for the weekend too. It was great to catch up with what is going on in their lives. Pictures will be posted when I return home.

Then a drive through scenic Wisconsin into Minnesota. Along the way I stopped and visited my only remaining aunt on my father's side. She is 93 and still very sharp. So glad I stopped.

Then on to Mankato where I had dinner with bro and wife. While there I had a three second glimpse of a coyote which ventured into their yard.

Now I am in Mt. Lake for a few days. Details will follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were there with you!

stef said...

You should have stopped by for a traffic break. We live very close to the 90.

de-I said...

15 hours - I thought you said you were going to take it easier this trip!