Thursday, July 30, 2009

On the Road Again

Tomorrow morning I am starting on my journey West. The first leg of the trip is a 13 hour drive to Hayward, Wisconsin where I will visit two of G's sisters and their families. In the "old days" I would try to drive it in one day, but I don't think I will this time. Either that is a sign of getting old or a sign of becoming smarter. I would like to think it is the latter. From there I drive six hours to Mt. Lake, Minnesota to visit my Mom and siblings. I'll be there six days.

Today I am doing the last minute preparations, like mowing the lawn. If I would not have done that, it would be long enough to bale when I returned. G has agreed to feed the cat and the humming birds. Maybe water a couple of outdoor pots of flowers.

I am bringing my laptop along so may post along the way. But no pictures. That will have to wait until I return.

I checked out several books on tape from the library. Actually I have so many that I may have to add two more weeks onto the trip just to have time to listen to them :)

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Have a great trip! And take lots of pictures.

de-I said...

Ditto :)

alexis said...

oh I love books on tape, I know just what you mean! have a great trip

Stef said...

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip. I'm glad you have the time to visit so much of the family.