Monday, July 27, 2009

Garden walk

Yesterday I went to a Garden walk with a friend. It is the annual fundraiser for the local YWCA. There were seven gardens. This one was designed by a professional (who me met). Our guess is that it cost at least $100,000.



Besides the overall view, I take pictures of small items I like. This one had a fairy garden. This guy was about 3 inches tall. Click on the picture to get it enlarged to see his expression.



I figured since G has several welders and lots of raw material (sometimes called junk) he could make something like this.



I found this tree striking. Love the bark.



4 comments:

stef said...

gorgeous! makes me feel slightly silly about the yard pics I posted today....;)

Bernice said...

It made me feel silly thinking about mine too. But you and I are not spending $100,000.

alexis said...

OMG, if G starts making those frogs could you please send me one here? Europeans (continental mind) do not get the need for weird kitsch in gardens like americans do

Gotta say, I thought the expensive garden was very lovely! probably a pain to keep up tho...

de-I said...

Wow I loved that water garden though I doubt Wife could make that happen here in the desert (and not get arrested by the water police!)