Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th weekend

The 4th of July weekend has come and gone. And what a weekend it was. On Friday G and I went to a cookout at a friends house. This has become an annual tradition since we can walk through their woods and watch the Medina town fireworks from there. They grill brats and hot dogs and we all bring something to share. This time I brought a chocolate cake and ice cream, since it was G's birthday and he chose that over cherry pie.

On Saturday we took a 100 mile (one way) motorcycle ride with a group of friends. It was one of these slow, scenic rides going there. On the way back G and I went by ourselves since we had seen signs for garage sales and wanted to stop at some. I did find a pair of leather shoes that cover my ankle that I can wear on the bike (for $2 no less).

Buy the time we got back home I was close to being in tears. The seat on the Triumph Tiger is not comfortable for the passenger on a long trip. I would say my area to sit on was about 4 by 8 inches. And I had no back rest so had to hold myself up which uses a lot of muscles. So either we need to try a different seat and get a back rest or fix the Honda Goldwing. The seat on the Goldwing is like a recliner on wheels. I am spoiled. But the ride was very scenic and the weather was perfect.

On Sunday, the 5th, G and I worked on our deck. I will have some before and after pictures on the next blog.

4 comments:

de-I said...

Nice weekend. Sorry about the seat :(

Anonymous said...

Mom, fight for a better seat! Remind Dad that not all motorcyclists have wives so willing to travel with him, and he should make sure you want to keep doing it!

alexis said...

yes, be careful of your back!!

and can't wait to see the patio results, how exciting

stef said...

Oooo. I can totally imagine what pain you must have been in towards the end. No more rides till the situation is resolved!