Sunday, August 23, 2009

What a day!

As I have mentioned for some time on this blog, I am trying to redecorate the house and do landscaping. I have completed the budget for the decorating and decided to focus on the master bedroom and bath. The current status is this: The bedding is chosen and purchased. Carpet, tile and counter top is chosen. Old bed is sold. I am now working on paint colors and choosing sinks for the bathroom. Yesterday G agreed (with some gentle persuasion from me) to again look at mattresses. We bought it! A king size pillow top ! This is a BIG step forward. Our compromise was that we did not get a box spring. Instead he will build a frame for a platform bed. That also saved us $400. I want to refinish the two dressers we have which will save more money. One G had as a child. Since I had budgeted for new furniture in the bed room there is more savings.

He then went with me to a store called The Great Escape. They have a large selection of patio furniture (thanks for the recommendation Stacey). And on sale for 50% off as it is the end of the season. The sets were $3000 and up so it was a great time to buy, probably the only time as G would never have spent the full price.

We ordered an 87 inch oval table with six chairs. They are made of cast aluminum so are very durable. I will pick them up in a week (saved another $80 by doing that). G was rewarded for all this hard work with a trip to Harbor Freight. For those of you who don't know about this store, it is a "candy store of tools" for guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take lots of "before" photos so you can post them with the "after" pictures.

alexis said...

oooo - I can't wait to see the results!

Stef said...

Does that mean we get to try out the new patio furniture at the pig roast?

de-I said...

Good job on the patio furniture buy!