Sunday, February 18, 2018

Day 1 of 365 - G Whitman painting



I read a blog where the blogger took one picture a day for 365 days.  I thought that was a great idea so I am going to try it.  




A few years ago G and I were at a garage sale.  At the end we found this in the trash.  Apparently someone had tried unsuccessfully to sell it.  It is one of my favorites and is on the wall of the living room. Gerry was able to decipher the  signature of the artist: G Whitman. From information online it is unclear who actually painted it.  One site said an art store commissioned several different people to paint them and sign his name.  Others say there actually was such a painter.  It does not appear I have a painting of great value. But I still love it!


2 comments:

Gill - UK said...

The picture has a three dimensional quality - I feel I could walk into the scene.

alexis said...

makes me think of that PBS show where he showed you how to paint.