Sunday, February 25, 2018

Day 8 of 365 Coyotes and rabbits are safe

When our future son in law was first dating RM they visited us.  I had given some hunters permission to hunt rabbits on our property.  He kept watching them out the window, saying "They are still out there", meaning the hunters.   Only later did I learn that he LOVED animals and was distressed to see them hunted. Today a young man knocked on our door asking if we allowed coyote hunting on our property. I know we have them here because I have heard them howling near our house. But in Andrew's memory I said "no, we do not".

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Thank you

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I add my thanks.

I'm Andrew's memory, I haul bugs out of the house now, rather than killing them. He was clearly okay with killing fleas, though, thank goodness :)

alexis said...

awwww that is a really beautiful memory.