Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Day 10 of 365 - Hubbard Valley Park

The Medina County Park District has 15 parks where there are hiking trails.  Even though the spring flowers have not started coming out of the ground, there was beauty all around as I walked there.




Shagbark Hickory. This is a mature tree as younger trees have smooth trunks. This is the type of tree that produced the nuts from Day 4.



No green or colorful wild flowers, but lovely blue in the stream.  A fond memory of this day is of sitting on a bench with this view.


This tree with other fallen trees leaning on it is like a sculpture.  I am always amazed at the randomness of nature.  Not only are there no two snowflakes the same, neither are there trees or groups of trees.

2 comments:

alexis said...

I like the clean lines of trees. Especially as I live in a city now, I appreciate variety when I am not in my home city.

Gill - UK said...

Deciduous trees silhouetted against a winter sky - beautiful.