Saturday, February 24, 2018

Day 7 of 365 - Convenient Culture

Oberlin College is only 25 miles from our home.  It is a top-ranking liberal arts college and world-class music conservatory.  (That description is from their website, but it does have that reputation.)  We attend lectures and concerts there.





 Last night was a concert by  Alessandro Deljavan an Italian classical pianist.  It was streamed live so I enjoyed the concert from the comforts of my office on my computer.  Deljavan loves Bach. Tonight he played the "Goldberg Variation".  He becomes so involved in his music that he contorts his face into grimaces and other expression as well as humming or singing along.  To see him and his manner of playing watch some of of this video.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkJI7xFF64   

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I would not find computer concerts a sufficient substitute for the in- person ones, but I'm so glad that you enjoy them because you hear a lot of great classical music that way.

Gill - UK said...

Thank you for the link - I have listened for a couple of minutes and I shall make time to listen to the whole of the video.

alexis said...

I love classical music but I also like wine so I can see the appeal of the live stream