Friday, February 16, 2018

My woods

I love my woods.  Guess I should say our woods, but I am the one who walks them.  It was raining when I went for a walk.  The temperature was in the 50s so I wore my rain coat and pants with waterproof boots.  Perfect. I was out there for at least an hour.  I say on a log with the rain falling on
my umbrella.  It reminded me of sleeping in a tent with rain falling on top.


There always are interesting things to see.  This fallen log appears to have hieroglyphics on it.  My guess is that the lines were made by insects.  But I choose to believe it is  hieroglyphics and I can make a story as to the meaning. The top wavy line is someone going through life as they choose, enjoying what is in their path with joy. 

Reading random blogs is fun too.  On the top line of the blogs there is a "Next Blog" that I click on to read.  I especially enjoy those where people share poetry they have written.  But as any online activity it can end up taking more time than I planed for. 


3 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I love your interpretation!

Gill - UK said...

Some incredible patterns in nature, and of course the rain made them stand out all the more.

alexis said...

I love the photos from your walks