Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sitting on sofas

Last night I took G to "try out" sofas. We went to a furniture store that I like and he spent an hour there sitting on one sofa after another. But, we are not at the place where I can start looking at the fabric. First things first. His legs are short in proportion to the rest of him, so on most sofas his feet do not rest on the floor. He reminded us of the character from Laugh-In years ago, Edith Ann, who sat in a chair much to big for her. This store has the Norwalk brand, which gives you a lot of choices in style and fabric. You pick out the style and fabric and then they make it to your specifications.

A few months ago I took an interior decorating class from a sales woman, Marcia, who works at this store. As part of the class we took field trips to member's homes. So she knows what our living room looks like and what our style is. Or maybe I should say what our style is not, because I do not like the furniture I now have (early American) nor the style the house was made for (country). She is very patient, which is a necessary trait when dealing with G and I buying things. She is trying to help us find what really works for us instead of just being a salesperson and making the sale.

Our next step is to think about what we have looked at, then go back and hopefully narrow it down.

1 comment:

stef said...

"Edith Ann" - LOL!

Well I hope you will have the new couch by the time we get down there. I am really excited to see the house and all your many projects. BTW- How does the bathroom look?