Thursday, January 15, 2009

Excuses for not exercising

I've noticed several bloggers that I read have made mention of changes (not necessarily called resolutions) that they want to make. Many involve exercise. The health care plan that I belong to has offered $100 if you do a survey of your health, habits, and activities and choose an area you want to work on. So today I talked with them and said I would walk 30 minutes at a brisk rate three times a week. They asked if I had a support system to encourage me. They check back every three months to see how I am doing, so I will post the results then. Any reader can ask if they want in between and be my support.

I don't know if I am ready to start because I injured by back a week ago. It is stiff and tends to have spasms now and then. Wow, I am making excuses already. I really enjoy walking outdoors, but when it is 0 degrees and snow and ice on the road like today, I need to walk indoors. So I will join the local rec center, which I mentioned when I first moved "to the sticks." They have a walking track and the membership is $60 or so for a year. No excuses. Only I have to drive about 10 miles one way. I'm making another excuse. I hope it will help me to have then check in three months.

2 comments:

alexis said...

I can't believe you don't get enough exercise with all the projects you and DH do around the house!!

stef said...

Hee hee Aunt B! You can do it. It's the getting started that's the hard part. ;)