Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Taking Down the Tree




DH and I had our lovely granddaughter at our house from Friday evening till Sunday night. The picture shows her helping bag up the tree. Actually it is an artificial tree. The branches fold upward so I left the light on and we are going to try to store it like this. Next year the decorating should go faster.

I didn't take any pictures, but in the fine tradition of the family K did some baking with me. We made Rice Krispie bars with chocolate chips. Her part was to count the marshmallows. It took 40 and since she can only count to 20, we did two counts. She took some home to her Dad who loves them.

Speaking of decorating: note that the bear still claims his position on the dormer about the entry way. DH will not move it until I find a suitable replacement. I was going to put an easel there with an oil painting on it, but have misplaced the easel. Someone even suggested putting beret on the bear's head and a paint brush in is paw. Guess would make both me and DH happy. We'll see what happens. Tell me what you think of that crazy idea.

I feel great when I get all the decorations put away. It is like a new beginning.

Gratitude: A comfortable house in the cold winter. It will get near 0 degrees tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see you're getting Kyla into the kitchen at an early age. (I know her mom does that with her too.)

Michael Podolny said...

The idea for the bear is ok but having hold a bottle of fine English ale with case next to him (her?) would be better.

stef said...

What an adorable little helper! I love the counting. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I think we are going to end up with a similiar ledge above our door. Our contractor said one homeowner had a water proof box built in, filled it with dirt and plants. Another idea is to put collections in it. Maybe building small shelves staggered in the space to put things on. Here in NM it would be something like Kachina dolls or pottery. I'm looking for ideas also.

alexis said...

wow, mom's ideas are way better than mine. Oh wait, I didn't have any. I am terrible at decorating!