Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life after Jan 20

Yesterday I was pretty much glued to the TV. My friend, Mary, was shocked that I did not go to DC, especially since I could have stayed with dau and S-I-L. But I don't think I could have tolerated being outdoors for that many hours, even having grown up in MN where it can get really cold. I probably missed the emotion of the crowd, but got a good feeling just watching from my living room. What a day it was. I do feel hopeful along with the rest of most of the world. But the problems are great. It will be exciting to see what they do differently that the previous group.

Once a week I go to the office of FIA and work for a couple hours. I enter all donations into the computer and send out thank you letters. At some point they will find a volunteer who can do it, and I will go on to another job.

2 comments:

stef said...

We had it on the TV here in my office. Pretty amazing day for sure!

alexis said...

we had it on TV here at work too!!