Monday, February 16, 2009

House decorating

As most of you know we have been living here for more than two years. Since the day I moved in I knew I wanted to decorate the house differently that it is. It is an interesting mix: the house is Country, my furniture is Early American and now my taste is quite contemporary. The whole task is rather overwhelming for me as far as trying to figure out where to start. But I have been looking at furniture, reading books and magazines. DH recently gave me the assignment of making a detailed budget. It is to include the cost of all new furniture, light fixtures, window treatment, floor coverings, paint, etc.

Today I had someone come out and measure for floor coverings and another person came to give an estimate for painting. Maybe I should not be overwhelmed, as the cost may make decisions for me. I do feel like I am moving forward, however. Once I have started there will be plenty of material for the blog.

4 comments:

alexis said...

oh fun, can't wait to see the pictures!

stef said...

How exciting! having a budget is a great place to start as then you can start making the necessary decisions. (What is most important to do first, etc) Really looking forward to seeing the transformation!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that you need only lay out some of your options and your reading public will offer their well-crafted opinions.

Michael Podolny said...

Decorating - how exciting - join the crowd.