Friday, February 20, 2009

Milkweed, moss, and twigs

At the edge of our woods there is a stand of milkweeds. I hope the Monarch butterflies know they are there. Even in Winter I see beauty in them as the pods are open and some seeds escaping.




This third picture sent DH into peals of laughter (almost rolling on the floor kind). He asked what I saw in the picture. When I told him I saw green moss, snow, and purple stems. He just did not get it. Guess that is why I am taking the pictures instead of him. I think there is a lot of great color and texture in that picture. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see what I see.


Since taking these, snow has returned. But soon the flowers will be out there and so will I with my camera.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the first picture the best. Very stark.

Gill - UK said...

Thank you for sharing these photos - perhaps when you have had more time to influence your DH , he too will be able to appreciate the intricate beauty of the flora in winter mode!

alexis said...

I hope for butterflies as well!

Michael Podolny said...

That second photo has an almost Japanese flower arranging flavor to it. I'm sure DH only appreciates the Japanese flavor or motorcycles.

Anonymous said...

I have to personally say that I liked the first picture the best, though the second picture is a close runner up! I love how the milkweed seems to be almost dancing :D