Sunday, February 1, 2009

I have acquired a much needed skill

DH, with his mechanical skill has the snow blower up and running and actually in the garage so it is ready for use. He has blown the snow out of our rather long driveway a couple of times, while I sat in the warm house, feeling quite guilty. On Friday, after he had yet another dental surgery (and was in a Vicodin stupor) he asked if I would learn how to use the machine. So out we went. Actually it wasn't that difficult. I just needed to know how long to keep the choke on and the function of each control. We currently have over a foot of snow, which normally would not be such a problem, but it is a dry snow and there is a constant wind, so the drive keeps drifting shut. So today I will be putting my skills to practice.

I will also note that DH had the surgery on Friday and was out of it all day because of the Vicodin, but on Saturday miraculously recovered so that we could attend the motorcycle show in Cleveland from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. But the day didn't end well when we were stuck at the end of the driveway at midnight and he had to get sand to put under the wheels, shovel and even use the blower a bit.

Today it is very sunny and 40 degrees so maybe the snow will just melt and I will not have to use the blower. I hope to receive only encouraging comments from those of you in the warmer climates.

3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Having made my way through one of my few winter trips North this week with relatively little harm, I wish you the best in continuing to have DH do the bulk of the snow blowing.

It's nice to have the skill - nicer to have someone else do it.

Gill - UK said...

This post definitely requires photographs

alexis said...

I agree, photo! We only get cold here, no snow (thank goodness)