Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend entertaining





















Fifteen people were at our "Freezer Dinner." The criterion was that you were to find any food item in your freezer or pantry that you wanted to use up, make a dish with it and join us for a great dinner and fun. We had appetizers, five crock pots with great dishes, and several desserts. Oh, did I mention more bottles of wine that we could drink, so I really ended up the winner.

I may have one more this year before winter is over fora different group of friends.

Then on Saturday, we invited over a couple who live about two hours away. For that meal I put strip steaks in the broiler, made a mushroom ragout with three kinds of mushrooms and stuffed potatoes that can be made ahead and just warmed up.

To add to the "eating frenzy", we had breakfast on Sunday at an buffet with our biker club. Needless to say, DH and I were happy with just a salad last night.

Having been with friends who have serious health issues I am again very grateful for my health.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The table looks so welcoming. What a great party!

stef said...

What a large group! I love the idea of this party. I am totally stealing it.

alexis said...

hilarious, though I tremble at what horrors I could have dug out of my American freezer at the time.

Michael Podolny said...

Holy Moly you're an entertaining fiend.