Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Small town life

After I got my hair cut today I went to the local grocery store. As I was sitting in my car, I saw a car drive into a parking spot and hit the car ahead of him. I watched for a while to see if he was waiting for the driver of the car he hit to come out. His passenger then came out of the store and got in the car. As the driver backed up, he hit a car in the row behind him. He then drove away. I was feeling a little bad since the driver was quite elderly. But I called the police and told both drivers of the cars that he had hit. None of the cars had more that a scratch on the bumper. I gave the police the license number and he said it is a 93 year old man. The officer said he would go and talk with the driver. He obviously was not going to press charges because he did not even ask for my name or phone number. I gave it to him anyway and he wrote it down. I will never know what happened but I did my duty. I know the previous Chief of Police but not the current one. If the previous one was still working I would ask him. Small town life is interesting.

3 comments:

stef said...

Yes. That story would have gone down a lot differently at my grocery store I'm sure...

Gill - UK said...

My neighbour gave up driving at the age of 92 and she feels that the rest of the population is safer because she made this decision. I hope I will know when it is time to let others do the driving.

de-I said...

If it was Albuquerque, they'd just ignore it out of disinterest.