Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend review

For the last three days I have had this cold, which has slowed me down a bit. I have done some reading, tried to keep up dishes and such. On Friday I went to a lighting store to try to find lights for the bedroom and bath. I had been looking on line, but there are thousands and it is difficult to really know the quality and what the finishes really look like too.

Today I did mow the lawn for the last time this year (I hope) and Gerry positioned the compost box so it is firm on the ground. He had been working on the old RV since he hopes to take it to a motorcycle riding event in two weeks. He put a new carburetor in. To see if it worked properly he drove it down the driveway without checking the brakes first. When they did not function, he had had to drive onto the grass to stop it. No harm done. He fixed the front ones but the back ones leak fluid. This week he planning to have our mechanic fix them correctly with new brake cylinders on both front and back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and his old projects... I'm glad he has quick reflexes when it comes to nonfunctioning brakes.

de-I said...

Good thing you have plenty of yard.

Stef said...

Colds are no fun. Did the lighting store help or confuse you more?